Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Big News From a Smaller Lady

     Today I have a BIG ANNOUNCEMENT.  Now before y'all get too excited (or gossipy)--no, no one has been to Jared and no one has put any proverbial carts before horses--So sorry to disappoint.  But my news is BIG.  Well, maybe I should say, my news is SMALL.  Today, I took a major leap toward loosing my membership card in the FAA (That's not the Federal Aviation Administration folks--That's Fat Asses of America).  Today, for the very first time in a very long time, this girl put on a pair of jeans that:
A.  did not have a W after the size

and

B.  were a size smaller than the age you have to be to vote.

    Now for all you skinny bitches who haven't ever been in double digits, that might not seem like much of an accomplishment.  But let me tell you--for someone like me--it feels incredible.  I honestly didn't think I'd ever see the day that I could fit my trunk's junk into a pair of pants that didn't come from the "women's department."  To be able wear them, and to feel comfortable in them, makes me feel so much more comfortable in my own skin.  And that folks is an amazing feeling.
     So for all y'all out there who think you can't do it.  Trust me.  I've been there.  I've wallowed in self pity and bathed in my own low self esteem.  But I'm here to tell you--If I can do it, you can do it!  I've still got a long way to go.  Looking at my BMI, I'm still "obese"  I'm hoping to be out of that category by the end of the school year if not before--not too much more to go.
     If you are where I was three years ago--take heart. You are worthy, you are valuable, and when you hit your own personal milestone--whether it be walking around the block without getting winded or shimmying into a pair of skinny jeans--I promise, it will be worth it.

PS:  Here's a little proof and inspiration  for you:







No comments:

Post a Comment